AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez-guide + ez-boom or insight + spray command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DarbIowa
Posted 2/12/2007 16:17 (#103544 - in reply to #103319)
Subject: Re: ez-guide + ez-boom or insight + spray command

It seems to me that people aren't getting into the technical differences between EZboom and the Direct Command system. One of the biggest differences in operation between the EZboom and Direct Command is the capability of having internal boundaries. You stated that you have many waterways. With the Insight system you can use your desktop software to export "internal boundaries" around all of your waterways so they will automatically not be sprayed. With the EZboom the only way to prevent the nozzles from coming on when you cross the waterway would be to 'fool' the system into thinking it has covered the waterways already, there are two ways that may accomplish that - open the boom valves so the lightbar thinks its spaying the area but leave the pump on the sprayer off or to put in 0 for the rate and drive over the area with area logging on. I am not sure if either of these ways will work because I have not had a chance to test them.

Another huge difference between the systems is the display size. The Insight has a large 10.4" color screen while the lightbar has a small monocolor screen. The Insight will show different shades of color to indicate overlap, while the lightbar's coverage map will only show either covered or not but not overlap. Its display is similar to the coverage map on your PF yield monitor, only smaller, if that gives you an idea of how useful it is.....

In my opinion, if you already have a lightbar and are just wanting a very basic boom control, get the EZ-boom. If you want a top of the line system that does everything and does it well get the Insight. Personally I would not think twice about getting the Direct Command system since you are already considereing upgrading the yield monitor down the road. The Insight for the combine alone would be a great upgrade for you. Do it, you will not regret it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)