AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MM 670 Hydraulic problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

towman2000
Posted 2/20/2010 20:23 (#1084709 - in reply to #1083153)
Subject: RE: MM 670 Hydraulic problem

SouthCentral WI
There is basically 3 types of hydraulic systems used on 670. The oldest is the telefow. It held the hydro fluid in the 3 point arm box and went to a pump on the rear ( above the pto) . This system had a intake seal between the 3 point casting and the rear end housing, the filter for this system pointed straight forward under the seat. It also had a priority feed to the power steering system. If it has this system and isn't leaking oil I would guess to look at this the steering loop. In the pump is the priority valve, check to see if it is sticking.
The 2nd system also uses the 3 point for a tank, but the feed to the pump is external. The filter is set by the pto lever, vertically. Check for a bad hose going to the pump also check the steel line for rubbing thru by the rear end housing.
The 3rd system was used in the A 3 model and it is a great deal more complex. If it has a 3 speed torque then it is an A3. Let me know which one and I can help you more.
If all else is Ok then you are looking at a bad pump. There is no screen in the intake that I can recall. I would look for it to be sucking air.
The pressure should be higher than 1400 # at a high idle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)