AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Little H m11 problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

towman2000
Posted 2/19/2010 09:55 (#1082172)
Subject: Little H m11 problem

SouthCentral WI
Little h
Sorry not to have got back to you on your no start problem. Hopefully it's fixed by now. If not, look for a bad wire or fuse holder at the batteries and check the wires as it goes to the ecm. Next pull the plug on the ecm and check for corrosion on any terminals. After that check the ignition feed for the ecm. You can use a test light, but a voltage gauge works much better. Sometimes you can just wiggle wires and watch the check engine light to find the trouble. If you can't find a problem with any wiring, then the next way is to get the pin diagram for the ecm and check to make sure all of the 12 volt feeds have juice and all the grounds have no resistance.
Check the grounds for the engine, frame rails, cab, and at the batteries. (for the ecm) This can also cause the ecm to not fire up.
When you get all said and done, if you don't have a wiring problem, then the ecm is bad. Changing out the ecm is always a very expensive cr**shoot. To my knowledge there is no way to positively check a ecm, however you may see clues such as corrosion.
I hope this helps.
Towman

By the way, since the lights are not coming on (sometimes) the problems isn't in the shutdown portion of the ecm. It is in the turn on portion or the ecm itself. What I'm trying to say (poorly) is you are looking at the inputs to fire up the ecm when you turn the key on.

Edited by towman2000 2/19/2010 10:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)