AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone still using Old tractors like this everyday?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bpeelen
Posted 2/17/2010 15:03 (#1079400 - in reply to #1078247)
Subject: Re: Anyone still using Old tractors like this everyday?

Sheldon, IA
We have 12 Olivers, 1 Case, and then 2 4450's and an 8440. With 120 acres of alfalfa and 4 rakes the Olivers come in handy. The JD's do all the field work (unless I find a 2150-2255) Info on the tractors follows:
1948? Oliver HG Crawler 68" gas-- being restored, probably just be a toy
1948? Oliver 70 RC narrow front (NF) gas -- restored 8 years ago, 4 row Oliver pipe mounted check planter, grandpa's first planter, strictly parade and show tractor, soon to get new paint with clear this time
1950 Oliver 77 RC NF gas -- my favorite, bought new by Great Grandfather, overhaul every 25 years (if it only had an hour meter), last done by Grandpa and I in 2000 and I restored it, runs baler, hay rake, augers
1951 Oliver 77 RC NF gas -- was other great grandfathers, he was 5th owner, all 5 owners names written in welding bead on platform, restored in 2001, hay rake, augers
1950's? Oliver 77 RC WF gas w/ westendorf loader -- was a neighbors, Grandpa drove it home for neighbor from dealer when new, fixing up for uncle in MO to use in turkey operation
1950's? Oliver 88 RC NF gas -- was great grandfathers loader tractor, clutch out, been a project that gets neglected for about 4 years now
1956 Oliver Super 55 gas -- runs brush mower, runs garden tiller
1954? Oliver Super 77 RC WF gas (green wheels) -- Grandpa's loader tractor in town, bought from his first cousin who farmed with it for 30 years or more, it is now retired to snow removal at his house and light yard work
1954? Oliver Super 88 RC NF gas (green wheels) -- Not sure how long we owned but love this tractor, goes about 18 mph, great baler tractor when rows are thin, also rakes hay, and runs augers
1958 Oliver 770 RC NF gas, add on power steering, Freeman loader -- was my acreage tractor until I moved home, now want to sell to buy a model we don't have yet
1960? Oliver 770 RC NF gas, factory torque & PS -- was on feeder wagon on our dairy for 15 years (torque was slick for this), now baler tractor (torque again), pulls double rake, runs augers (the hydraulic lift auger-added aux tank) repainted 2002
1965? Oliver 1650 RC NF PS gas, westendorf WL42 loader -- Dad's loader tractor for 20 years or so still used nearly every day but rarely in field any more
Grandma's Case SC, NF (Year ???)-- she learned to drive on one, so she had to have one, only used in parades, not enough power on auger most of time, and non-live PTO a pain when we have the Olivers, sits in it's own corner so Olivers don't pick on it too much ;)

Edited by bpeelen 2/17/2010 15:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)