AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2006 6.0 Ford Diesel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

caylerman
Posted 2/14/2010 20:16 (#1074800 - in reply to #1074500)
Subject: Re: 2006 6.0 Ford Diesel

NW IA
seedcleaner - 2/14/2010 15:59

bad... Ford Stock, GM vehicles, and Dodge Cummins are better investments IMO. Almost everytime 6.0 gets brought up on ag-talk, it is because of another problem. That said, most people don't start a thread unless there is a problem/question. For the right money, it would be okay though, just don't expect too much out of the engine.

All American diesels are junk right now. I'm trading my 04 F350 in for a 250 gasser. No manufacturer has figured out how to meet the emissions standard with a reliable diesel engine yet. All you "Bowtie boys" spare me, I know WAY too many guys with Chebbies that are having WAY too many issues with their trucks too. Even Cummins hasn't figured it out yet; do a search and you'll see. I would stay as far away from a 6 Uh Oh as I could unless you get an extended warranty. My truck was great until it hit 97K miles and then an EGR replacement (1800 bucks, second one) a FICM replacement (900 bucks) two batteries (250 bucks) and all witin 1 month. If you can, get a gasser do it. I think the next gen diesels will be better, but I don't think any of the US manufacturers were prepared for the strict emissions on diesels.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)