AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on Rem vacs', Whats in them?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 2/14/2010 14:17 (#1074261 - in reply to #1074232)
Subject: Re: Educate me on Rem vacs', Whats in them?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Rem uses that rotary screen to keep trash out of the blower and air exhaust stream.
An auger with a flap airlock at the top of the auger allows grain to push open the flap enough to discharge grain without allowing too much air to backflow down the auger. There is a chain and sprocket setup to drive that discharge auger.

The Brant is similar, except it uses what looks like a section of air foil chaffer to seperate air from grain. It has no moving parts unlike Rem's rotating screen, but puts a lot more light trash through the blower and out the air exhaust tube. Makes the grain cleaner and the grain bin sight nastier.

The auger discharge vacs use less power, but have a down side. When moving fragile crops like peas or beans and grain flow is pretty slow like in bin bottom cleanup, the grain spins around and around in the discharge auger, right below the air lock flap and grinds it up pretty bad.

just bought a used Brant ES 5000 ? to replace my ancient DK grain vac.. I have hopes that this one will do a lot more BPH than the old DK.

Edited by Jon Hagen 2/14/2010 14:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)