AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TMR mixer help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 2/13/2010 11:12 (#1072737)
Subject: TMR mixer help

SW WI
Here's my situation, I have a farm I where I feed steers that is 5 mi. away from my home and grain storage. I am thinking a truck mounted TMR would work good for this, but they may be more money than I would like to spend. Currently I feed dry grain and hay twice a day. I have grain mix delivered to bulk bins and have a shed for hay storage at my steer farm. I would like to move to TMR to use more HMC corn from a silo at my home. Thinking of buying a used trailor TMR and mixing at home, dumping in a truck with hoist, taking it to other farm and feeding. Sounds like a lot of screwing around but would be cheaper than TMR truck. What do you think? Spend the money for TMR truck? or get in cheap and work a little harder?
Another idea was to pull loaded trailor TMR with pickup to other farm and unload with a tractor that I have there. Each idea has its drawbacks. Truck TMR would be least amount of equipment to get started on nasty winter days, but man, I just can't get over some of those prices.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)