AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Grizz................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 2/13/2010 14:01 (#1072966 - in reply to #1072931)
Subject: Re: The Grizz................

Lubbock, Texas

well again I hope he comes through and makes you happy and all the others as well

while I don't feel "bad" for TheGrizz I do feel that he has to walk a fine line on how he handles each complaint especially on this forum

to take a quote from eddiedry

Now as was posted earlier, if they were to come in and say hey, you bought a $hitty product made by an inferior process that has our name on it, we bought that company, and we want to make you whole on the products you bought with that name on it because we're promoting that name now and want to represent that name in a good light,...............................maybe.

I would be the first to not be happy with tires that did not hold up and I am pretty vocal about things.....but on the flip side the guy did buy into something that was having issues, recognized the issues, and worked to resolve them 

but from your quote above....EVEN IF YOU ARE MADE WHOLE.....the BEST that he can hope for from that is that MAYBE he will get your business in the future 

that does not sound like a great gamble for TheGrizz especially when he might give away something that he will not get a chance to MAYBE earn the business on in another 10+ years if they last as long as you would like....I realize you will buy other equipment in that time period......but from the sound of the above quote there will still not be a titan/goodyear on there until years of proving on the ones that were offered to "make you whole"

I would be the first to say I don't promise my business to anyone.....but if effort is made I can at least think I might make effort to take a "chance" on them again even before the long proving period......and if the "chance" or the proving period for the replacements don't work out then at least I could know to walk away forever

it just seems that many think that it was TheGrizz that was running the line for years and years when it had all the issues and that he was just ignoring it in the name of profits, laziness, or lack or caring.....the reality is it seems he took on a challenge because he thought he could make changes and make it work.....his reward is to be viewed as the one that let it all break down instead of being the one to see the issue and invest time and money to try and make it work

he could have bought it, shipped it to china, made crap under 400 names and laughed all the way to the bank....he could have bought it kept it in the USA and changed the names and just said hey the past is the other guys.....so sorry 

I don't see the guy here pretending there were not issues....some might not want to hear that the issues are not totally 100% just "bad tires"....I don't see him running from the past....I do see him trying to move towards the future.....but he sees and recognizes the past....that is better than a lot of other business owners

as to why they do keep the goodyear name.....all the 90 and under HP tractors owned by play farmers and ranchito owners that only know the name goodyear.....and those are the owners that probably tear up or let degrade a lot more tires than the 200hp tractor owners  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)