AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steel building delivery in winter road conditions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 2/10/2010 13:52 (#1068085 - in reply to #1068010)
Subject: RE: The tarp isn't your problem

Kansas
A good driver that knows how can tarp any load to keep road salt and the elements away and off of it.

Good corner and strap protection and the know how where to put it all that is necessarry.

I'd haul loads from Nebraska to colorado of steel all winter during the slushiest of weather and the only moisture that ever got on the steel was when I took the tarp off and there was drippage.

I even took a tall belly load of sheetrock from Phoenix to long beach california. It was over a weekend so I had to sit and it rained the entire time after I left. When I pulled into the building to take my tarp off, the entire load of sheet rock was still dry.

KB... If that load shows up and it not tarped, you can deny the load.

Also, don't sign anything that truck driver gives you until you have inspected the load. He can tell you all the b.s. he wants to but you can make him peel that tarp back and let you inspect it before you sign anything. If he tells you differently, tell him to hold on, and go make a phone call.

Also..........if anything seems to be missing, out of place, bent, or not to your liking, make dang sure you note it in the shipping paperwork and date your signature. All in the name of protecting yourself and your delivery.

Not being unreasonable at all requesting the load be tarped. Throwing straps and taking off are the loads that drivers love. Tarps are more work and especially when there are sharp corners that need protection. More tarps have been destroyed by hands that didn't care and just tossed the tarp, threw on the bungees and hauled butt.

BTW.........if it comes in tarped and the tarp has holes all over that let road salt in, Have your digital camera ready. If you deny a load because the trucking company screwed up, this will protect you. You should not be loosing any deposit over a carriers ignorance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)