AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Accu-Flow NH3 system - single valve or 2 valve?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2010 07:53 (#1065566 - in reply to #1065486)
Subject: RE: Raven Accu-Flow NH3 system - single valve or 2 valve?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Lane2006 - 2/9/2010 04:48

Looking to buy a system. Every time I call different companies about pricing they ask which system I want - single valve shutoff or dual valve system. Not sure what the answer is. I have a 440 controller from my sprayer that I will be using. Is there an 'age' break somewhere for these controllers, where the older ones used single or dual valve and the newer ones used the opposite? Or are both adaptable and there is a performance difference............

Please share your thoughts..........Thanks!

The console must be new enough to work with the single valve system. This is the FC or Fast Close setting in the initial setup. Really old consoles can only work with a two valve system (Standard Control). Newer consoles can work with either so there is no danger of having "too new" a console for a situation.

I would recommend going with the two valve system even though it may be slightly more expensive. The two valve system gives better control (especially at low rates - not generally a problem with corn rates) and is easier to troubleshoot.

The Fast Close single valve system was developed several years ago in response to competive companies who could sell a system for less. The early Fast Close valves had some dependability issues which have been resolved.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)