AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building a ground force – seeking feedback
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmbig_01
Posted 2/6/2010 19:29 (#1061625 - in reply to #1061563)
Subject: RE: Building a ground force – seeking feedback

Southeastern IL
Interesting.... Myself, as an online buyer (equipmentfacts, ironplanet, RBlive, proxibid, ect...), I feel that a strong "ground force" network with good field men would be the most important part. I sometimes wonder why some of these companies don’t even bother to list hours, or year or some of the most important information. Yes I realize this is relatively new to most (as a buyer and PW as sellers), but come on. I as a buyer like ironplanets approach. They seem to have the best put-together online selling/buying site I’ve seen in a while. Usually 50 pictures, more information than most even care about, oil analysis of each unit and so on. I'm not saying there timed-extended auction style is right, but hey that’s them. I don’t know if farmers in certain areas would make good field men or not. During spring and fall you can count them out on taking a day off to do area inspections. Would a farmer that is say die hard JD be bias in any way towards other brands and not give fair inspections/reports? I don’t know, just saying. Another thing I think is killing some of the online auction-hosting companies is the huge deposits required to even bid. Yeah I realize there is a reason for this and understand, but come on. There has got to be a better way. Anyway, good luck. I'm registered with PW and browse the site quite often.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)