AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quest for oldbones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tcfarm
Posted 2/5/2010 01:29 (#1058696)
Subject: Quest for oldbones

NW ND
I read your post below and had some questions for you. I live in NW ND and have totally remodeled a 100 year old house. New siding, windows, roof (took out rafters and put in trusses) insulation, etc, etc. I blew in the recommended 16" of fiberglass. Is that enough? Should I blow in more or like some have said, lay some unfaced batts on top? Humidity is definitely not a problem in this house. I have a humidifier in each bedroom, just so we don't wake up with such a dry throat that we can't even talk. House humidity in that area is about 35 - 40%. I have read about some primer paint with a vapor barrier rating of .7 perm. Is that something I should look into? Some have said I need a vapor barrier and some have said not needed. Same goes for the construction guys around my area.

I guess what I am looking for is some advice on what I should do next. I am only 36 now, but don't feel like crawling up in the attic for the next 40 years to check to see if there is frost buildup so I can turn the fans on to dry it off before it melts and runs in the recessed lite again like last winter.

Sorry about the several posts on this, but I would rather get the advice from someone on this site, rather than some handyman website.

Thanks

Kirk
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)