AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for you excavating guys Werk Brau buckets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/5/2007 23:12 (#100019 - in reply to #99979)
Subject: RE: Question for you excavating guys Werk Brau buckets

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but we prefer Easco or Werk Brau. I've heard LeMac makes quality equipment, but when ever we've looked at them they have been overpriced. If you are looking at an off brand find out who's brand of teeth they use and if they will be available locally some where.

There are 10 or 20 companies that advertise in all the magazines with cheap prices. Tried one of them once, the pins would not line up with the holes in the bucket. Far enough off that even the coupler would not lock down on it. One side of the bucket was set to a different spec than the other. Took us about 3 weeks of constant attention to finally get them to accept it as a return. They kept telling us to just cut it out and then weld it back in correctly and send them the bill. Maybe if it was old and I already owned it, but not on a brand new one. Worried that we might never see a check, but after a couple phone calls it finally showed in the mail.

Just watch the the spec weights of what you're buying. Not much you can substitute for steel for strength. Most of the quality lines make several grades of buckets, just depends on how much you will use it and how it will be treated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)