AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Front End Loader Suspension?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 2/8/2007 12:36 (#101336 - in reply to #100876)
Subject: Re: Front End Loader Suspension?

Alberta, Canada
Jim, our tractor does not have SuperSteer, the small frames are not available with that option. We got the mechanical joystick, and like it quite a lot. The electric joystick on the new tractor (7030 Deere) really nice, but is quite out of place, perfect for guys over 6' with long arms, but not for short guys like us, or my 5'2" mom whom is the primary operator. We got the mechanical joystick on the TM because we found the electronic to be an extra expense that wasn't necessary. We were used to multiple mechanical levers for loader controls, switching to this joystick was a perfectly big enough upgrade. Now-a-days I would definitely go with the electronic joystick in any tractor we purchase. I've attached pictures of it from last Sunday.

I have seen the T7000 series, and was very disappointed with it. It's a large frame TS-A, the same differences as a small frame TM to a TM175/190. Problem is, a TS-A is a good 100-115 Hp tractor, but when you beef it up and make it compare in the >210 engine Hp class, it falls behind dramatically. Where do you think Deere would be if they put a 7520 cab on a 7920? I like the TM series, they've had their share of problems, but they are the nicest tractors I've run of that size. Easy to run, easy to service. I've spent multiple 15 hour days on a TM125 and a JD7410 with loaders during silage time. They both had nice things about them, but the TM would be my first choice. The cab layout is clean and well organized, just a nice tractor to spend a lot of time in. The TMs were well ahead of the 7000/7010 tractors in many ways, they just lacked a heavy duty front axle.

Going to a T7050 from a TM190 is a definite downgrade. The Puma has a slightly improved layout, but in my opinion, CNH would have been better off to spec the TVT/CVX to North American standards and introduced it to this market, instead of spending how many years working on the T7000/Puma lines.

Believe me, I was a big New Holland fan, and still am to an extent, we have 3 blue ones, and would have had a 4th this winter if NH hadn't screwed up with there latest change. NH has just lost its cool all round, and I feel no regret at getting a Deere, this series puts CNH's equivalents to shame in the 7030LF and 8030 tractors. Even with these new models numbers.

North American Rest of the World
TJ TJ
TJ-II TJ-II
TG TG
TG-II T8000
TV TV
TVT
TS-A TS-A
TM TM
T7000 T7000
T6000 T6000

Now what happens for the TDD, TB, TL, TC, TZ, TN-A, new TV bidirectionals, and all the others I'm forgetting? If they planned on bring the T6000 and T7000 to North America, why didn't they give T8000 and T9000 instead of the new TG-II and TJ-II?? They just seem to be grasping at straws lately, not sure where they want to go. One thing is for sure, I don't think they want to be comparing their 6000s, 7000s and 8000s next to Deere's 6000, 7000 and 8000 series...

-Josh

(IMG_0126 (Medium).JPG)

(IMG_0139 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_0150 (Large).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0126 (Medium).JPG (89KB - 693 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0139 (Large).JPG (85KB - 664 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0150 (Large).JPG (80KB - 679 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)