AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on Corn No-Till/Minimum Tillage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 1/27/2010 08:32 (#1043736 - in reply to #1043404)
Subject: RE: Corn on Corn No-Till/Minimum Tillage

Saronville NE
Ya my dryland looks similair to that, I dont sem to have a promblem getting thru that. Its the irr 200+ BT corn that I have a promblem getting thru. Im hoping this year wont be so bad for 3 reasons, we actually had snow this year to help break trash down, a yr ago we had not enuff snow to talk about and didnt break down the trash. The next is we have a Phos promblem on this farm and have poured phos on last 2 years to try and get the numbers back up and we spread it on last fall again 250 lbs to the acre is what the grid called for, and 3 we deep ripped it at an angle because of our bad hardpan promblem and are going to try ( try being the word) to still plant between the old row, we ripped at a pretty hard angle hoping not to fall into the ripper slot.
Where we cut silage last yr we put wheat in for a cover crop and to graze cattle on and I think it is going to help, spray it this spring and go back to corn again.
For weed control Paul, I have been either using 2 shots of RU or a one pass Lexar program, have got along good with Lexar until last yr, then had to come back in and spray RU late, to many sunflower escapes. I always buy RU corn for that reason even if I dont intend to use RU.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)