AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are you guys using for strip till?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 1/25/2010 20:56 (#1041261 - in reply to #1039470)
Subject: RE: What are you guys using for strip till?

N IL

I put together a unit this summer using without using a ton of money. We never got to use it this fall so there are some things I will add before we use it this summer/fall

Aircart

Flexi-Coil 2320 with course meters converted to hyd. drive for single product VRA.  All cart functions are control and monitored with a Trimble FMX and the True Application System.

TO DO: dual product VRA.

Toolbar

Built by us back in the 80's and served as our NH3 toolbar for many years.  It was originally 19 knife so I had to cut the frame down to 16 knife. We plant with a 24 row planter but did not really want to give up any width on the toolbar. I have thought of a way to counter that though without implement steering. As for the row units they are nothing special.  Just Shield-Ag dry fertilizer knifes and DMI closers. All 16 rows are monitored for blockage which is also with the FMX display.

TO DO: row cleaners, just because. And mabey to some more frame mods and make it a 12 row?

Nothing special but I think it will get the job done, whenever we get to use it. Not sure but that might be too much tractor on there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)