AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling all electricians!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

L8Bloomer
Posted 1/24/2010 23:45 (#1039956 - in reply to #1039291)
Subject: RE: Calling all electricians!!!!!!

SW Ohio
I really hope you do call an electrician...out to your farm. Sincerely, what you are trying to do concerns me for your safety. I worked at GM as an electrician for years...retired from there.. and there are so many ways that a circuit should be looked at for safety. I don't even know what this motor is for but it is almost always best to keep it simple. Running more wires.. (one stop and start can be added with three wires), is not that hard or expensive.

I can't remember ever seeing a wireless start or stop in the factory setting. There are reasons. Safety being the first IMHO.

As an aside, if the relay works as you describe it is probably not a latch relay so you must take another look at the advice you have received and see if it is still relevant. A latch relay is mechanically held so that it would not "let go" even if all power was lost. It is "reset" by power on another coil. This would actually make it easier to do what you desire if you go forward with you idea though I still hope you do not.

Good Luck,
Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)