AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

optional 3rd tank on a flexi coil 2320
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

shade
Posted 1/24/2010 17:05 (#1039101 - in reply to #1038873)
Subject: Re: optional 3rd tank on a flexi coil 2320

NC Kansas
I was around a 2340 cart 7+ years ago and we used the third tank for seed. We had 2 8100 toolbars, one with 48 FSo openers and the other with 12 Kinze row units with 12 FSo's for fertilizer. The Kinze units had small hoppers on them fed from the 3rd tank via smaller delivery hoses. Concept was you could fill the 3rd tank centrally and supply the individual rows. Actually was a very neat idea and worked really well. We did the same thing with sunflowers. For milo (sorghum) we put Kinze hoppers on the meters. Couldn't fold it up to move with the hoppers so it wasn't real cool. I can't remember the capacity, sorry. I'm not real sure if it was sunflowers or milo we had problems with the delivery and used the hoppers.

The third tank had a baffle and needed to be set, "just so" so the supply lines wouldn't plug. The central fill philosphy they had was very neat. Seed in the 3rd tank, a certain fertilizer in the 1st tank and another in the 2nd tank--- all of them variable rate. We tried one field to put on 100% of our fertilizer and the seed at the same time. It wasn't the most efficient, as the fertilizer was constantly needing refilled. Used that 2340 cart with a 60ft. toolbar to apply dry fertilizer in the winter.

With this unit, we had our 8100 planter toolbar, a 8100 drill toolbar, and a fertilizer rig; all using a single 2340 air cart.

The problem was that Flexi-Coil had gotten bought by CNH and the development bascially stopped. The FSO openers needed more engineering also. CNH never followed up so,,,, you know the rest.

Edited by shade 1/24/2010 17:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)