AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying a Diesel Fired Pressure Washer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

poorboy
Posted 1/22/2010 16:55 (#1035899 - in reply to #1035737)
Subject: RE: Buying a Diesel Fired Pressure Washer

Southern Alberta
There are 2 components to washing. Psi is what breaks the dirt loose and gpm is what gets it washed away from the item you are washing. Too high of a PSI makes it hard on your arms and wrists holding the spray wand for a long time.

If you are washing small things a 1500 psi machine with 2.2 gpm will be ok. If you start washing semi trucks and trailers it will be much faster and easier if you have 5 gpm or more.

If the washer is in the same location all the time you can buy a tankless hot water heater and install it for about $1000-1200 and set the water to about 140 degree F, and use a regular cold water machine. It will not clean quite as good as big diesel fired machine when it is cold out, but will be adequate. The tankless hot water heater will provide warm water for as long as you want to use it.

I bought a Mi-T-M diesel fired hot water washer with a gasoline engine. It is 3.5 gpm and 2000 psi and works excellent. Lots of money, but I have never regretted buying it. When washing super B trailers, it would sure be nice to have 5-7 gpm, but my well only puts out 4 gpm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)