AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The definition of Irony
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

srsu99
Posted 1/20/2010 21:00 (#1032952 - in reply to #1032906)
Subject: heheh, I wrote that..

Central / West Texas
Well sitting in the barn pumping air... to the truck tanks, trailer tanks, truck bags, trailer bags, I get tired of watching the world go by.  When I hit 60 that means go down the driveway.  I can pump to 120 while I head for the gate.  I happen to have a pretty good working knowledge of how air brakes work.  We have 4 units with air brakes and have had semis for alot longer than many of the people on here( at least 35 years).  We do all our own maintence and rebuilds, including engines in our own shop.  We have a quick coupler on all of our tractors and at the back on many of the trailers.  We see the DOT some and have never had them even mention that the couplers were a violation.  ANd yes I have been out of state.  If anything about that thread looked odd it was mentioned that one could plumb a line from the bleed off valve or air dryer to the surplus tank.   I would probally not recomend doing that.  If towman really is a tower than he is just like every one of them I have ever met and they will tell you all these things to scare you into using there services.  Which is a crock in iteself because they think they are worth $1000 an hour for a maybe $300,000 investment.  Many times when a tow trucks leaves with a casulty he is over weight, bridge wise and the DOT doesnt do anything about it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)