AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Price on a 40' planter bar?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/18/2010 23:51 (#1029838 - in reply to #1029660)
Subject: RE: Price on a 40' planter bar?

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Mounted is always MUCH, MUCH less expensive than a pull type just because of the construction. 

A 3-point mounted 40 ft, 3-section planter type bar flexes pretty well but is a bit wide and high in transport for much of the US.  However in EC Colorado you may be a place that on-road transport dimensions are less important than more urban areas. I think this type bar will flex pretty well on terraces.

We have a number of strip till customers that use the Moore-Built 40 ft 3 point planter bar as a strip till system with our Pluribus row units. Usually with lift assist wheels (also available from Moore-Built) or with the Montag lift-assist dry (or liquid) fertilizer cart. This is a VERY economical way to set up a 40 ft bar.

Here is a video of the toolbar I am talking about on a Cat 250 hp tractor. With strip till we need a top link so the lift assist wheels are plumbed into a separate scv and put into float when in the field.   This is basically a Nebraska-style planter bar with strip till row units on it. A very high quality, fairly priced toolbar. Moore Built is in Benedict NE. I see on their website they make front fold toolbars also. My experience is with their vertical fold bars. You might want to check with Paul there about how far up and down their wings flex.

I hope this helps.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 1/18/2010 23:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)