AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Labor posts from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

LUCKY13
Posted 1/18/2010 22:43 (#1029658)
Subject: Labor posts from below

NW Kansas
I have been in both situations so this is what I have to say and I think 99% of you will agree with me and should help make up your mind on everything easier. Basically its all common sense. TREAT OTHERS(employee or boss) AS YOU(employee or boss) WANT TO BE TREATED. Give respect and praise and you will get it back. As far as pay goes ask what the employee needs to be paid to be able to pay his bills, and compare it to something like this.
house rent 350
vehicle payment 350
utilities 350
insurance (car and health) 300
food 400
gas 200
etc
etc
etc
little to no experience pay just enough for him to pay his bills with ability to get good raise after x amount of time.
good experience pay a little more with same option
so on and so forth

Myself I get 36k a year plus bonus after each harvest something close to 1\4 cent per bu. that is harvested because I run combine. I also get free equipment usage for my own needs which is basically 200 hours a year on loader tractor to feed my cattle. He pays me mileage for my pickup. During the winter I don't work very much so that I can take care of my cattle but during spring summer fall I make up for it. And a few other perks. He tells me if I quit he quits. He asks me my opinion I give it and he listens, he tells me good job I smile, I screw up he says oh what we need to do to fix it. We have a very good relationship, cant ask for a better boss. I have worked for him for 12 years. Hope this helps all of you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)