AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best for no-till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jethro
Posted 1/3/2010 23:46 (#1001644 - in reply to #1001532)
Subject: Re: Best for no-till

Central Kansas
we run the deere 1890/ 1910, just stepped up from the 1990 CCS. I like the drill in no-till situations, not so much in conventional till. We have always gotten a stand in conventional till, just seems to throw dirt over from the trailing rank and covers the trench from the lead rank. A stale seed bed helps versus drilling into freshly worked ground.
After a few years experience with it, there are a few things I would really like to change/add to ours. The first thing would be to put a spoked closing wheel in place of the cast iron wheel with the beveled edge. I think the cast wheel is rarely effective.
Second, I would like to see how Yetter's residue cleaners work. I don't know if they can be used on 7.5" spacing or if it would be best to only use them when going on 15" spacing. Either way, I'm curious.
Last, There are a couple different designs available for slowing the air speed down ahead of the boot to keep from blowing seed out of the trench. I'd like to try the D-cup diffusers for milo and beans especially.
Good luck with your search. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)