AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forget Organic farming- Grow Trees for the Government
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 12/29/2009 11:43 (#991723 - in reply to #991670)
Subject: Re: Forget Organic farming- Grow Trees for the Government

Martinsville, Ohio
There was also an article in the Christmas edition of the Cincinnati Enquirer that Obama says that we need to use more synthetic gypsum from coal fired plants like Moscow Ohio on agricultural land. I haven't found the article after several searches and I could not find it in their Archive section.

"ED, Did you see the article in the Cincinnati Enquirer Friday about gypsum? Seems we are making more synthetic gypsum than we can use for wallboard. Prez Obammy wants farmers to spread this on our fields. Of course the environmentalists are screaming about all the heavy metals in the nasty hazardous waste. I don't know how much heavy metal is in natural gypsum, but I'm sure there are trace amounts like in everything else.

Potatoes, coffee, tomatoes and many garden foods have cancer causing elements, just so minute that it doesn't matter. We probably need them in small doses for something we haven't discovered yet.

Good article on page A16 of Christmas day paper.

I have my lime built up on several fields and I THINK I have duplicated what I did in 1994's corn crop. Seems I screwed up and limed on two out of 3 years and had the big crop on the 4th. We shall see! "

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)