AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight DirectCommand/Autoswath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/22/2006 08:30 (#6926 - in reply to #6918)
Subject: RE: Insight DirectCommand/Autoswath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I used DC last year with a pull type sprayer and NH3 bar. The default settings for turn ON and turn OFF worked out well for me.

In both cases the implement was behind the GPS receiver. In the case of your Hagie the boom is ahead of the receiver.

I am assuming that when you did the setup, you indicated that the boom was ahead rather than behind. Possibly working with this number could give you the combination that you seek.

I have no personal experience with DC where the boom is ahead of the GPS

One of my Coworkers is going to install DC on his Uncle's STS Hagie. Possibly they will have the same problem. Hopefully someone out there has hit upon the right combination of values.

As far as the turning off and then turning back on briefly, this could be due to the fact that a portion of a boom is travelling over an area which has not been sprayed. I ran into this when my boundary was about 2 feet wider than the ends of the field. This was with corn in rows. I would spray the ends first and then start in with the field itself. When I approached the ends, AutoSwath would shut off the booms properly. As I turned around either Boom 1 or Boom 4 would swing out over the end. Since there was this 2' gap, AutoSwath felt that it should turn that section ON, once the sprayer had "squared up" then the boom went back OFF. I realized this when the grass on my brother's driveway started to die off in a circular pattern from RUp.

One solution was to make a new boundary where I purposely set the boundary slightly smaller than the actual field. The other solution was to let AutoSwath shut off the booms and then I would shut off the Master. Once I got turned around and "squared up" again, I would turn the Master back On. Then Autoswath would bring the booms on at the proper time. Some would argue that this defeats the purpose of AutoSwath. I didn't see it as much of a problem.

The Hagie with the front mounted boom might be doing something along that line.

Edited by tedbear 4/22/2006 08:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)