AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield data and corn row width...........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

joe
Posted 12/28/2009 20:06 (#990734)
Subject: Yield data and corn row width...........

I received a listing today from a local Ag retailer showing results of 65 weigh wagon checks from this past harvest. Of these 65 results, 14 of them were the same brand and variety that was weighed on my farm and is included on the list. I had asked for and received this data to try and fiqure if row width is a limiting factor on my bu per acre "here". I had asked that no names be involved but it does give location by county and township. Most all data came from my county and the counties bordering me on the east and west. Of these 65 results all but mine were 30 inch row spacings. Mine are 38 inch. I don't know the planted populations for any of these other than my own which was 25,500. I also have no idea of what kind of fertility program was used anywhere but my own. Would anyone even try to use this kind of data to make a decision on row width and yield? I have though of having someone with a 30" planter plant side by side with me on my acrerage and weigh the results but with my side dressed NH3 and post herbicide spraying program it makes it difficult. Any thoughts on this data being beneficial to me? Thanks, Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)