AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm thinking of buying a Sprayer with a neighbor. Need suggestions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Case IH 9390
Posted 12/18/2009 12:14 (#973129)
Subject: I'm thinking of buying a Sprayer with a neighbor. Need suggestions

North Central Iowa, Humboldt County
Both of us own sprayers right now. He has a self propelled and I have a pull type and together we are looking at owning a newer bigger and faster SP machine. What questions do we need to ask each other to see if this is a good fit. We have close to the same acres and would be about 25 mile spread from one end to the other. We have similar post chemical programs. Both of us have sons involved so there will be multiple drivers. I have a 28' van for water and he is looking at doing the same. His sprayer is worth more than mine so we would trade his in. Do I just mothball mine for a year to make sure this will work before selling it? I would appreciate points i haven't thought of to make this as pain free as possible. I would like to have a written contract that would hopefully get us out as easy as we got together. TIA

My list so far.

Fuel: We each fill after use

Repairs: Pro Rate according to Acres unless Operator error (Boom in the trees, fences)

Winterizing/Storage

Insurance

The biggest one is How to Dissolve if this doesn't work. If we own it 50/50 buyer would pay what amount?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)