AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finished up! a couple of harvest pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

underpaid
Posted 12/3/2009 16:00 (#948373 - in reply to #948236)
Subject: Re: Finished up! a couple of harvest pictures

New Waverly, IN
That is a 35 footer. It was a very nice head. I had read all the comments about not being able to handle rolling ground and also concerns about rocks. It did very well on rolling ground, it only missed beans if there was an abrupt elevation change within 12 feet such as a deadfurrow, fence row, or if it lifted up to go over a sizable rock. I didnot have to add any lift cylinders. The cylinders on the R65 are big enough for this MacDon and the 12 row Gerringhoff. It does require an additional valve to run the top link to tilt the cutterbar. However I already had one to fold my cornhead. The MacDon was better than even expected. It will be interesting to see how AGCO's draper does. One more comment, I was concerned about rocks. The rocks seem to stay at the bottom of the drapers and come across to the sump in the middle of the head. I put fewer rocks in to the feeder house with the draper than with the 30' flex. The machine handled the crop from the 35' MacDon better than from the 30' flex. It was worth the expense.

(Farm equipment 042.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Farm equipment 042.jpg (61KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)