AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Il. dot man was by today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 11/24/2009 22:00 (#937079 - in reply to #936669)
Subject: RE: Il. dot man was by today

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

farmer52 - 11/24/2009 16:29 Why are you and your immediate family exempt from drug testing program? I was told by OH DOT that I had to sign up for drug testing program. I am a private not for hire owner. TIA

When the drug testing first started in Illinois, I had an employee, and enrolled him in the program.  I was told I had to be in the program as well, as I was also a driver.

The drug testing involved surprise tests, they told the employer when they would be there so the driver was present when the person doing the testing arrived.  I was not to tell the driver he was to be tested, it was to be a surprise.

I was also told I would be subject to random testing, I would be told as an employer when it would happen, but I was not to tell myself that I would be tested at that time.

After a few years of that silliness, they exempted employer drivers from drug testing in Illinois, but my employee was tested at least once a year.

Yes, the above is a true story, silly as it sounds.

EDIT:  I never hauled grain for hire, just my own grain.  I was still under the same rules as someone who hauled for hire.  My farm plates were not legal for hire trucking.

Edited by Illinois John 11/25/2009 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)