AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LP gas on the move...and crops in the field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

RayJenkins
Posted 11/22/2009 19:51 (#934398)
Subject: LP gas on the move...and crops in the field

SC Iowa
Drove from KC north into southern Iowa on I-35 this afternoon.....counted over 10 LP semis heading south...assume they have been hauling LP north into Iowa this weekend and heading back to Kansas or wherever they loading....three trucks running together said "Gooch Trucking".....looked them up on google and they are LP/NG carrier based in Georgia--so appears a lot of folks getting in on the action right now..

Saturday we drove down hiway 65 through Chillicothe/Carrollton before heading west into KC on hiway 10/210....came back on I-35.......quite a few beans left from Carrollton into KC and back north on I-35....most of the beans appeared to be cut in southern Iowa but lots of corn left....50-60% on the I-35 route north of Ia/Mo border.....

I know we got hit hard at the Eddyville plant on Saturday....about 400,000 bushels in 10 hours and suspect 2/3 was out of the field, maybe more......judging by the drive, we'll be digesting harvest corn for most of December, as a lot of folks are going to need "hard ground" to finish the task.....showers again today

Ray J
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)