AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Till Canola comparison. Look dirt flippers...and no-tillers too.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 11/21/2009 04:55 (#932711)
Subject: No Till Canola comparison. Look dirt flippers...and no-tillers too.

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Okey.....we have had few comparison between no-till dirt flipping. I just didn't have time to reply earlier...
These comments that ended on the words "Amen on that" will be disapointing to me. Less tillage is the way we are going, but there is places, farmers, crops and conditions that will require less or more tillage. I hate to see farmers arguing against each others what is absolute truth (because there isn't one!). Farming is hard enought and we should waste energy arguing about stuff like this. Right???

Anyway, no-till have worked for us good this far. Wheat, barley, oats and canola have given good quality and yeilds. Lower machinery cost and less time and fuel. Econimicly even better deal that production vise...

Canola has given us 35% higher yield whit no-till. Also oil-% has been higher and less weed issues, so it has been my real winner.

Just comparison picture of -08 and -09 canola plants / -09 conventional canola. Conventional canola is on right lower corner where it says CAT. I used bushell as to mesure these plants, not centimeters as I wanna be US friendly. Yes, and I'm trying to lighten things little (sure...there is little marketing on that comparison picture:))

(No Till Canola.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments No Till Canola.jpg (54KB - 74 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)