AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvest Pics the family took today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/13/2009 07:05 (#922669 - in reply to #922643)
Subject: Re: varous interpretations of what to do

West Union, Illinois

The best explanation of  how to live I've been able to come up with is this:

The problem is man likes to draw a line right at the edge of the cliff.  He likes to make rules that tell him as long as he doesn't fall off the cliff he is OK, he is doing fine.  He can hang 10 ver the edge, but as long as he doesn't fall off he is OK. If we are living our life focused on Jesus we are looking the other direction and totally ignoring the cliff.  Because if we keep looking to Him and focusing on Him and living out lives the way we should, we will never even get close to the cliff.

Our Amish and Mennonite and Hutterite friends are all commendable.  They are doing a lot of things right.  But they have found this cliff to look at and keep watching it.  That cliff has become their focus.  And I wonder if they are worrying so much about what not to do and prescribed things they have to do that they have lost their focus on Jesus.  Because we are told to go out into the world spreading the Good News and making and building up new believers.  And to be honest, I don't hear of vary many people converted to the Amish faith.

OK, end of sermon.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)