AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH DT436 injection pump leak help! - with pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 11/10/2009 20:00 (#919600 - in reply to #919546)
Subject: Re: IH DT436 injection pump leak help! - with pics

Owensville, MO
I would run from any injection shop that told me the only way to fix a leaking pump is a rebuild. pump on my 966 was putting fuel in the oil last year. This is the same Bosch M100 pump on your 436. Tractor ran fine, started great and otherwise worked perfect. Three different diesel shops told me that it was a bad seal under the head and the only way to fix it was a complete rebuild @$900-$1000. I told them that there was nothing wrong with the pump it just needed a new seal so no need for a rebuild. Nope, can't put new seals in without a rebuild. I called BS!

Next on my list was Capital Diesel in Jefferson City MO. Can't remember who I talked to but he said that he could pressurize the pump and record the settings, change out the seals and then reset to the settings it was at. I took the pump off, took it to them and he put all new seals in and it cost me $140. Pump has worked perfect for 250 hours now.

I told the guy at Capital what the others told me and he called BS also. Said that is very common on the Bosch 100 and they put new seals in all the time. Don't have to rebuild a motor to put new head gaskets on???

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)