AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Went from majority to minority.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rosco
Posted 11/8/2009 01:22 (#916665)
Subject: Went from majority to minority.

Galahad, Alberta
We finished on Friday afternoon!! Whoo hoo! Moved the combines home, the trucks home, dumped the last of the barley off the semi and it started to mist/sleet about 45 minutes later. Spent today getting stuff set up to turn some tough canola that I harvested earlier in the week. It went in the bin testing 15.5 at 15*C. I turned the fan on right away, and by morning there was water running out the bottom of the hopper bin. It was from moisture condensing on the inside of the roof, then running down to the walls, and down to the hopper and out the bottom slide. A little scary to see first thing in the morning! The canola came out fine, nice and cold. I will let it sit on the truck for a day, put it back in, and turn on the fan again.
I was talking to my local elevator grain buyer after I finished, sounds like it is not a good time to be a grain buyer. Tensions are high! The trains are late, dryers break down, elevators get plugged, guys are hauling that aren't supposed to haul, etc, etc. Remember guys, the elevators are trying to work with you, not against you. Just keep your head, be reasonable, and we'll get through this. Stay safe.
Rosco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)