AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another concrete question.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 11/8/2009 00:16 (#916622)
Subject: Another concrete question.....

north central Oklahoma
thank gawd I am not asking about HID lights. heh. I solved that problem. When the sun goes down, I quit working. ha.

I am finally getting started in putting some floors in my shed, yeah,I have been slow to progress. Starting on the living quarters first, just a 4" floor. Last I checked, mud is in the ballpark of $90+ here. Had the guy out today to survey the work involved. Quite a bit of backfill to do first, we built the shed up about 12" above grade. Prolly should have hauled in and built up pad first, but it didn't happen that way. ANYWAY, ballpark quote is $5/sf turnkey. This guy is a local, top shelf, has done work for me in the past, but previously just worked by the hour, even on concrete. Now has his own crew. I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I will always have that question in the back of my mind until I die, "could I have got it done for half the price. Is $5/sf for 4" slab something that most here would jump on.

All I know is I don't have time to do it, so that in itself should help me make the decision.

I searched back a bit, and not much on price came up. One price question by dwsil, but it quickly branched off into a fiber or no fiber war.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)