AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

feterl 85 grain cleaner any tips?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rebuilder
Posted 11/6/2009 13:05 (#915407 - in reply to #915397)
Subject: RE: feterl 85 grain cleaner any tips?

Bourbon,Indiana

phantom;

Is this what it looks like? This thing is about 25-30 years old. Ours was set up to be driven off of the auger gearbox. I have only used it sporadically, but neighbor is borrowing it this year and is going to mount a motor to drive it.

It will do a good job, BUT, you cannot run it full and get all the fines out. When there is too much corn in the chamber, the fines have no time to seperate out. Granted it will remove alot of fines even then. I have found, though, that about 1/2 full does a much better job. I believe it is rated @ 500 rpms. I think the neighbor will get along better with a motor to drive it and he will be able to adjust his auger speed down to run full. That was the biggest drawback we had. When driving it off an 8" auger gearbox, when running the claener 1/2 full, the auger was basically running empty. Also I had limited positioning due to the alignment of the PTO shaft. A motor driven unit would be much more flexible on placement.

I think a 5 H.P. motor is required.

P.S.-- watch the screens when moving around. Very easy to ding the screens/outer fines band.

P.P.S.-- It is hard to remove all the corn fron the unit when finished. Usually I carefully raise unit bottom while running , but you will still be left with grain. Mouse magnet!

Edited by rebuilder 11/6/2009 13:08

(Aug 09- Oct 09 091 (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Aug 09- Oct 09 091 (Medium).jpg (48KB - 559 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)