AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez-steer accuracy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aussiecane
Posted 4/20/2006 02:27 (#6431 - in reply to #6377)
Subject: Re: ez-steer accuracy?

Home Hill North Queensland Australia
Hi All,
I have been considering how I can jump into this guidance thing slowly. ( My trouble is I havn't figured out how to jump slowly, Gps spending seems to be like gravity, Fast!!!!! ) I plan on ending up with auto pilot of one make or another in 3-4yrs when I have about 3/4 of my cane planted of my caneland marked out with gps. It is a possibillity that I will be able to hire an RTK signal off a neighbour (3kms away). I have been told that I can hook RTK up to ezi-steer using a more expensive Reciever (252 I think). My question is how accurate could I expect to be using A 2WD JD 8100 using ezi-steer with T2 & RTK going as slow as needed to keep stable (only 80ac to markout at any one period so speed is not a big issue). The ground is level & well worked & smooth when it needs to be marked out (15" wide). I would use it for discing but 4" repeatable accuracy would be fine for that Job. I can hire the autopilot very easily from my local dealer (trimble), but the install kit for the steering would be nearly as much as the whole ezi-steer outfit (if I can hire the signal for it) & it is something that can be sold when I upgrade if thats what I want to do. I am in no real hurry as I can hire a greenstar tractor that is not busy at the moment , but it is for sale. Just interested in any comments
Ian

Edited by aussiecane 4/20/2006 02:39

(JD 8100.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JD 8100.JPG (41KB - 375 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)