AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to precison ag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Possum
Posted 10/25/2009 05:01 (#898925)
Subject: New to precison ag

South Carolina
We have no precision equipment on our farm and I have a few questions before jumping in. First, let me say I have very little knowledge of precision equipment or how it is used. Our local JD dealer has even less knowledge and has said that he must sell his Greenstar equipment at list price to cover the expense of his service and support. Is there a way to purchase JD Greenstar over the internet or a dealer that deals in national sales that would discount the equipment. I find it hard to believe that activating autosteer would require the effort for the dealer to justify a list price sale. Second, what could I expect the cost to be to have an 8330 equiped with SF2, RTK, and autosteer. And what about Trimble. What would be a comparable product to the Greenstar in Trimble. We have no dealer network with RTK and would use the RTK for peanut planting and digging. All other work should work with SF2. Any other opinions or comments would be welcome. We would like to have the 8330 and an 8320 along with a 4630 sprayer equiped with precision equipment. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)