AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's your situation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/22/2009 11:10 (#894561 - in reply to #894542)
Subject: Re: What's your situation?

southern MN
I wonder what we set up for next year? This weather seems to be affecting a major part of the bread basket of North America - into Canada as well.

I suspect we will get most of the crop harvested eventually. It will be less quality, and a bit less volume than expected. But it will get harvested by next spring.

But, how will it affect 2010 crops? Less wheat? Less corn? More soybeans planted in 2010? I can't see a lot of tillage happing 'here' this fall, and this area depends on fall tillage to get a good corn crop in the ground next spring. A lot of cornstalk trash in spring holds back bean yields as well. West & southwest of here, there are the winter wheat issues......

What are we going to be looking at for harvest in 2010? How will markets react over winter & next fall for 2010 crop possibilities?

Sorry if I am highjacking your thread, not sure this is the direction you wanted to go....

I'm a little older, have had several bad wet falls in my life. Only one comes close to this, and this fall already wins by a landslide as 'worst'. Many try to finish 'here' in October. This year quite a few haven't started yet, or only have 10-20% of harvest done, and the forcast is rain/snow every other day for the next 6 days - tems not quite freezing, not warm enough to dry anything. Corn is sitting at 30-32% moisture in a wide area here.

Never saw anything like this. Dad was born in 1921, he couldn't remember any falls as bad as the one we went through back in the '80s. And this one is worse. I guess one consolation is so many of us are in the same boat - offers us some consolation.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)