AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Me and the PF Advantage.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 10/24/2009 21:19 (#898500 - in reply to #894275)
Subject: Re: Me and the PF Advantage.........

Soutwest Ks.
I think it would be safe to say that you did not perform the calibration on the first weight. If you would have calibrated the first time I don't think you could have re calibrated that load, only removed it from the calibration factor. Those things can be frustrating to understand and get calibrated correctly, but when you do you will not be without it. You will probably find that you will need more cal loads to get it to the accuracy you desire. I recently harvested 240 acres of corn and when I was finished I compared elevator tickets to what my PF3000 showed. It appeared to be virtually identical. To make absolutely certain, I would have to go back through all the tickets and shrink 1.2% down to 15.5 moisture like I have the Agleader set to do. The elevators that I haul to use a shrink factor of 1.3% shrunk down to 15 moisture or 15.5. I doubt that I was over .3% off, IE on a 1,000 bu. load would've been 3 bu. difference. Actually I think these yield monitors are more accurate many times than scale weights because the Agleader is taking a moisture sample every few seconds, where the elevator has been only testing moisture once on a 1,000 bu. load. This is assuming that your moisture is not differing substantially and test weight and yield stays fairly consistent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)