AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight not mapping field???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/22/2009 07:22 (#894269 - in reply to #893922)
Subject: RE: Insight not mapping field???

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Istumped - 10/21/2009 21:04

Im using a small black garmin for my receiver. I do have DGPS in the upper left corner of screen. I have my height entered(12ft 2 inch), receiver is mounted in front of rear axle(on top of cab) setting is 18ft. Offset is left (0 feet)Why is there no setting for center?? Also have my header width entered(30 feet).What am i doing wrong? What have I forgot to do?? My arrow on screen stays up in the upper right corner and just stays there. Please help thanks.

Are you sure the Garmin is set to output the VTG string?

Push the DGPS indicator in the upper left. You will then see some screens relating to GPS. These screen contain lots of information. You can view the actual NEMA strings coming in from the Garmin.

You should see the GGA string and the VTG string alternating and no other messages.

If this is not the case, the Garmin will need to be reconfigured by using Garmin's snsconfig program.

By the way be sure and set the GPS offsets correctly in the Insight for a decent map. You need to enter the distance the GPS is mounted from the rear axle and also the distance the head is from the rear axle.

We had a customer who entered the distance the GPS was ahead of the rear axle but neglected to enter in the distance the head was from the rear axle (separate tab). This produced a very strange looking map and it was felt that there was a GPS problem. Another GPS did the same thing. The combine's path appeared to wobble rather than go straight.

Setting these distances correctly will not cure your major problem which I am guessing is related to the VTG string.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)