AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switching to Blackberry from an aircard???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 10/21/2009 01:51 (#892869)
Subject: Switching to Blackberry from an aircard???

Southwest Iowa
Currently, I have a Verizon aircard that I use for a laptop computer that I can take with me in the truck, shop, wherever. Using it in the shop isn't too bad of deal, but in a vehicle or tractor/combine, it can be a pain in the rear for the amount of space that it takes up. I've been considering getting rid of the aircard and getting a Blackberry to have internet access, and then I could also "teether" the Blackberry to my laptop if I wanted and use the internet on it, similar to the aircard.

I was just wondering if anybody has this kind of set-up and what they think of it? The Blackberry would come in handy when looking something up quick and it'd just be in the palm of my hands, not taking up a bunch of space. But if we need a bigger screen to look at part diagrams or pictures on a site like Tractorhouse, we could just plug it into the laptop and have a bigger visual. The aircard runs around $60/month and the internet for the Blackberry would be $30/month, plus an additional $30/month for the "teethering", so price-wise it's practically the same.

Also, when I was looking at the different Blackberry phones at the Verizon store, I noticed there were 3 different models. I can't remember the different names, but is there one out there that everyone seems to like better than the others?

Thanks for any info!

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)