AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on High speed Internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

4MSU
Posted 10/20/2009 21:46 (#892546 - in reply to #892385)
Subject: Re: Educate me on High speed Internet

I do not know who the equipment vendor is. I thought at one time he told me he used motorolla radios or recievers(not sure). I also dont know the difference between MDS and point to point. I do know he has something on our leg that looks like a satlelite dish that communicates with his main tower. Then he has an anttena that puts out the signal and my house has just a small 3x8 box that is mounted outside to get the signal. I also know that my Internet works good. Our town is small with a population of about 2500.

From what I am reading on here for responses the guy on our leg is doing nothing wrong and the other guy is just blaming his own problems on the new guy.

My wife works for a buisness in town that gets service from the other guy. One time this summer when their internet was not working they called their provider and he blamed it on the new guy. At that time the anttenas were not even on, I went up and even checked.

I also have not mentioned this yet. This July when the new guy first turned on his antennas they were stolen within two days in the middle of the night. Someone climbed a 110ft tall grain leg in the dark to steal his antennas. Since then further security measures have been taken to prevent theft.

Thanks for info

I would like to say lets just let them fight it out but the problem is it is a small town. Everyone knows who owns the leg that the new signal is coming from and could be quick to point a finger at us for allowing the guy on our leg. Our local news paper already printed a small piece about the INTERNET UPROAR where they described the events at the city council meeting where the other provider was complaining.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)