AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mixed signals in western Canadian market. What the...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mustard
Posted 10/16/2009 13:20 (#887344)
Subject: Mixed signals in western Canadian market. What the...

Kindersley Sk.
I went into a couple of the local elevators this morning to find out what is happening with my samples and to generally shoot the bull. At elevator #1 the agent said some of the Malt barley samples he had sent in were being rejected because the protein it too low (in the 9s%). We both agreed that a system that pays increasing premiums for lower protein Barley is stupid if the malt plant is rejecting Barley at the highest pay scale. WTF

I also went to elevator #2 this morning because elevator #1 is not participating in the CWB winter wheat Select program, and I want to sell my 15.4% protein WW through this program because it pays increasing protein premiums for wheat over 11.5%. Well the agent said the contract was full, and besides my protein was probably too high for it anyways. I almost will over. In fact I even asked her to repeat it in case I heard her wrong. And yes she said WW at 15.4% is too high. OMG, someone must be playing an elaborate joke on me or else all the worlds grain users have all of a sudden decided their quality parameters should be inverted.

Edited by Mustard 10/16/2009 13:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)