AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you grow corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 10/13/2009 18:47 (#883168)
Subject: Do you grow corn?

Panhandle of Texas

Hey corn guys:  in general, how long is it going to be before the corn comes out?  A lot (in the market) seems to be hanging on when you will get back in.  How long will it be IF the weather doesnt give you more headaches?  Will there be any crop loss from all the moisture, or is it simply a waiting game?  I realize that some corn got planted late, so I know that corn might be/would be succeptable to freeze damge.  Sorry if these questions seem elementary...I don't grow corn, but I'm not too proud to ask about something I dont know.

(AgWeb says:  Specifically, the fear of continued increase inflation due to the current administration’s aggressive spending habits is motivating private equity money to continue to be a strong buyer of things which includes corn and beans! As of today (and you know things can change quickly) the attitude seems to be developing that everybody wants to buy corn very aggressively around the recent lows of the $3.02. Even with a potential carryover of 1.7 billion bushels and USDA already pushed demand up 350,000 million bushels the feeling is inflation is going to lift this market.  )

http://www.usda.gov/nass/PUBS/TODAYRPT/prog4209.txt

Is the market reacting too slowly to what's going on?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)