AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torn, question on 2002 CIH temp. calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

HFR
Posted 10/12/2009 12:13 (#881825)
Subject: Torn, question on 2002 CIH temp. calibration

Central Minnesota

I have a 2002 2388 with large screen yield monitor.  Not sure on software, but what ever was current in 2002.  Never been able to calibrate the temp setting to make it work like I think it should.   I can take moisture and temp and calibrate them like you are suppose to do.   The problem is it makes the moisture reading very as the temperature changes.

The problem I have is in the instant and average temp reading. It is always the same.   The monitor doesn't seem to be able to adjust the real moisture at different temperatures.   The colder the sample the wetter it says it is.  I can be combing a field of corn lets say on an afternoon when it is sixty degrees out side and it might say it is 24% mois.   If I go back to the exact same field the next morning and the temp cooled off overnight to 30 degrees it might say the moisture is 26%.     Another example is lets say I have picked a 100 acre field and I quit for the day when it happens to be 65 degrees on the temp.  As an example the monitor might be reading 180 bu. dry and 25% moisture as an average for the whole 100 acres.  So I come back early the next morning and it cooled to 30 degrees over nite.    Basicly as soon as I start picking into the field it will change the whole 100 acre average to 27% moisture and lower the yield to 175.(Just an example,not sure on exact changes)  Every crop is the same. The hotter the temp. the dryer it will say it is.  The cooler the temp. the wetter it will say it is. It doesn't matter what you calibrate it to.  It will change the reading, but they still will vary with the changing temperature.

The question I have is if you have 25% corn it doesn't matter if it is 70 degrees or 30 degrees it is still 25%.  Why can't the monitor figure this out. It kind of makes the moisture monitor useless if you can't get a consistent reading.

I have asked many Case people and no on can tell me why it does this.  Is there any new soft ware to fix the problem?  Or is the newer combines better and I just need to trade?

Thanks for all your good info. on Agtalk   Jerry

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)