AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twin Row plots
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

monsantoblows5124
Posted 10/1/2009 16:53 (#867156 - in reply to #867117)
Subject: Re: Twin Row plots

I have just received an email about one and there was significant differences between the two.

The one that I have received was planted at 44,000 and when it was picked the TW had a harvested pop of 42,000 and 30" 40,000. Yields for the two were: 294.9 bu TW and 264.4 bu 30" at 15%. Test weights were the same at 55 lbs. (TW = twin row)

Another one in this same plot had 283.8 bu TW 264.0 bu 30". TR - had a harvested pop of 40,000 and 30" was 42,000. They were planted at the same pop rate of 44,000.

However, these were just two that had a huge difference between the two. The two other varieties at the same rates had the twin rows out yielding the 30" by about 4 to 7 bu. There were other pops set but i just went with the higher pops since that is what the whole point of twin rows is about. Supposedly more plants = higher yield? Will have to wait and see if this really is the case in the next year or so.

Any other info is much appreciated. Trying to take all data I get a put it into a form and see what the results are for all the combined test plots just to get an idea what the "difference."

Hope this all makes sense. Just trying to get a better idea for guys that have taken time to consider twin rows which I believe many have done but are wanting more info before they make a big switch, I believe.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)