AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cooking gadget(s)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GangGreen
Posted 9/26/2009 18:07 (#861266 - in reply to #860006)
Subject: Three of them

Eastern Iowa
My wife and I have a large garden, and as such have to mass process a lot of food in the summer and fall. We have found three things that we just can't live without:

The apple peeler/corer/slicer. Before we found this, peeling and cutting apples was something we really avoided. Now it is done in a tenth of the time. Important when you do apples by the bushel!

The Vidalia Chop Wizard. We chop vegetable for tomato soup, sauces, and regular use. My wife is particularly susceptible to onions. This gizmo looks like a little piece of plastic junk, but it is a durable, major time saver. No more crying eyes.

The VillaWare food strainer has saved us hundreds of hours of prep time in making whole tomatoes, salsa, soups, sauces, juice, etc. It has a number of screens you attach to the end depending on how fine you want it processed, and you put your fruit or vegetables in the top. Turn the crank and it peels and removes the seeds from tomatoes without scalding them at all. We use it for apples, grapes, raspberries, strawberries, squash, pumpkin, tomatoes, and juicing just about anything. Again, major time saver if you have lots to do!

Edited by GangGreen 9/26/2009 18:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)