AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sri. I worked on bean yield off your numbers today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

macfarms
Posted 9/10/2009 18:32 (#841781)
Subject: sri. I worked on bean yield off your numbers today.

sc kansas

I got some pop numbers and was a little off. I got 82 to 84 pop. I went with 82 on my figures. I took 75 pods avg.( I really think that is about 10 light) on the lesser beans x 2.3 beans / 3000/60 and came up with 78.6. That would be great. At the 85 pods it is 89.06. There are some pods that have small beans yet and I know these numbers are very fragile. Now for the freak patch. I went out on the patch and the middle has some very good plants but not the 300 plus that are on the south end. Some out there have 150 to 160 but there are alot of plants in the high 90,s also. Could not find any (except the deer eaten ones on the edge) that were below 90 something. So to get and avg. count is going to be tough. If we use the same of 82000 and take say even 120 x 2.3 and a pop of 82000 it still comes out around 125.7. I like you know this can not happen. Can it?? I am sure the number or size will not come in. I, will sure let you guys know. I took the big plant I pulled yesterday, over to dad so he can take it to the seed dealer. I told him to make sure that he know that is a good plant. LOL. I want to see what he thinks. If he comes out I will let you know what he thinks. I am as shocked as you guys after working the numbers so I kinda dont believe myself. I understand now how bean guys were tounge lashing me. I dont know what else to say other than I will let you know how they cut. One more ?? is it normal to go from 96000 at emergence to 82 84 at harvest? Thanks for the help.

Flowers in the back ground are double crop.  This is the 85 ish plants.

Very random pull folage back.

Edited by macfarms 9/10/2009 18:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)