AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

power washing hog barns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dairyfarms
Posted 8/7/2010 02:20 (#1304437 - in reply to #845463)
Subject: RE: power washing hog barns

I own my own business of washing hog barns .. Its All i do Nothing but hog barns ..

I like it .. and the other guy is right when you get a job Do it right .. It pays to spend the extra Hr. walking the barn looking for the little stuff..

Wash the roof. wash the feeders .. Both sides of the slats . Wash the fans .. doors EVERY THING .. Me and my hired man can wash a 1200 head barn is 6 hr.

When you disinfect the barn Dont short cut it Get in every pin .. I charge 50 buck to disinfect and the barn owner supply's the disinfectent .. Do cover your face .. it will burn your eyes

Iowa Dnr website has all the address of every barn in iowa .. maps and all who own's them how many pigs and so on .. .

I started by getting business cards that looked good .. And driving to every barn in the county .. leaving cards on every hog barn door. stoping at houses .. talking ..
then the next county .. i have been to over 300 barns . this year. i have washed 70 barns this year..

I charge 33cents per Head Space.. (larger than 1000 head)
as much as $1.00 A HEAD FOR Small barns ..
I tell my customers I do the job thair way not mine.. and I will come back with out question if not right ..
Show up on time if not early ..
Show up befor the sun is up
There farmers not bankers ..
Know what your doing ..
Less questions you ask your customers the better they feel
You do not need to run hot water to wash barns .. dont waist your money

Dress for the job
and if your not Soaking wet when your done You did not do it right ..

[email protected]

or
[email protected]

And if you need a barn washed give me a call Im out of Albia IA
641-226-1103
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)